Without going too Game of Thrones on you….WINTER IS COMING. What does that mean? Well if you are anything like me when it gets cold and dark out you want to eat hearty, hot, stomach filling yummies that make you forget about the outside. However as we all know “Summer bodies are made in the Winter”. It’s very easy to pile on the pounds between October and March and we don’t really notice as we spend our lives in big baggy jumpers and coats.
So with that in mind I thought it was timely to knock out a quick list of the most waistline friendly foods you can eat in order to keep you looking slim, trim and utterly divine in time for next Summer.
Please bear in mind here that as I always say, this blog is ORDINARY GUY FITNESS and that means i positively encourage you to indulge now and then, treat yourself occasionally and eat, drink and be merry over Christmas. However life is about balance and if you are good 80% of the time, you can be naughty the other 20%.
So without further ado….let’s crack on with the list.
Weight Loss Foods:
- Whole eggs – Once feared to be full of cholesterol, whole eggs happen to be making a comeback. New research has shown they don’t negatively affect bloodstream cholesterol or cause cardiac arrest. They’re full of protein, healthy fats, and will make you feel full whilst having a really low quantity of calories. Eggs will also be incredibly nutrient dense and will help you get all of the nutrients you’ll need on a calorie restricted diet. The majority of the nutrients are based in the yolks.
- Leafy Vegetables – Leafy vegetables include kale, green spinach, collards, swiss chards along with a couple of others. They’ve several qualities which make them ideal for keeping weight down. They’re lower in both calories and carbohydrates, but packed with fibre. Leafy vegetables will also be incredibly healthy and very high in most types of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Including calcium, that have been proven to assist with fat loss in certain studies.
- Salmon & Oily Fish – Oily fish like Salmon is amazingly healthy. It’s also very satisfying, making you feel full for a number of hours with relatively few calories. Salmon is also packed with top quality protein, healthy fats as well as a variety of essential nutrients. Salmon can also be packed with Omega-3 fatty chemicals, that have been proven helpful in lowering inflammation, which may play a significant role in weight problems and metabolic disease. Spanish mackerel, trout, sardines, and other kinds of oily fish will also be excellent.
- Cruciferous Vegetables – These veggies include broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and sprouts. Like other veggies, they’re full of fibre and they are incredibly fulfilling. What’s more… these kinds of vegetables also have a tendency to contain decent levels of protein.
- Lean Meats & Chicken – Meat continues to be unfairly demonized. The reality is that meat is a diet friendly food, because it’s full of protein. Protein is easily the most fulfilling nutrient, and eating a higher protein diet will make you melt away up to 80 to 100 more calories each day. Research has proven that growing your protein intake to 30% of calories can reduce cravings by 60%, reduce desire to have late-night snacks by half, and cause weight reduction of up to one pound per week… simply by adding protein into the diet.
- Steamed Potato’s – What?? I hear you say. White-coloured taters appear to have fallen from favour for many reasons. However… they’ve several qualities which make them an ideal food, both to lose weight and for optimal health and wellness. They contain a remarkably diverse selection of nutrients, just about everything we need. They’re particularly full of potassium, a nutrient that many people don’t get an adequate amount of and plays a huge role in bloodstream pressure control. They are also extremely filling. This means that when you eat white-colored, steamed taters, you’ll naturally feel full and consume less food of other types. Sweet potato, turnips and other root veg have many of the same properties.
- Tuna – Tuna is yet another low-calorie, high protein food. It’s lean fish… there isn’t much fat inside it. Tuna is well-liked by bodybuilders and fitness models who’re on the cut, because it’s a terrific way to keep protein high, with total fat and calories low. If you are attempting to highlight protein intake, then make certain to select tuna canned in water, not oil.
- Beans & Legumes – Some beans and legumes could be advantageous to lose weight. These include lentils, black beans, kidney beans and a few others. They are usually full of fibre and protein ,and tend to be very filling which means you reduce overall calorie intake.
- Soups – Foods with a low energy density (ie that take almost more effort to eat than calories they contain) are great when losing weight. Vegetable soups fall into this category. Some research has proven that eating the very same food, except produced in a soup rather than as solid food, makes people feel more satiated and eat considerably less calories.
- Cottage Cheese – Dairy items are usually full of protein. Among the best ones is cottage cheese… calorie for calorie, it’s mostly just protein with hardly any carb and fat. Most dairy items will also be full of calcium, and that has been proven to assist in the bodies fat burning process.
- Avocados – Avocados really are a unique kind of fruit. Whereas most fruit has elevated levels of carbohydrates, avocados consist mainly of healthy fats. They’re particularly full of monounsaturated oleic acid, exactly the same kind of fat present in essential olive oil. Avocados are great as inclusions in salad, because research has shown the fats inside them can boost the nutrient uptake in the veggies 2.6 to fifteen-fold. Additionally they contain many essential nutrients, including fibre and potassium.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar treatment has become amazingly popular within the natural health community. It can be used in condiments, like dressings or vinaigrettes. Many people even dilute it in water and drink it. Several studies in humans claim that vinegar could be helpful to lose weight. Taking vinegar simultaneously with a high-carb meal can increase feelings of fullness making people eat 200-275 less calories during the day. Vinegar has additionally been proven to lessen bloodstream sugar spikes after foods, which can lead to a variety of advantageous effects on health within the long term.
- Nuts – Despite being full of fat, nuts aren’t naturally fattening. They’re a great snack, that contains balanced levels of protein, fibre and healthy fats. Research has proven that eating nuts can improve metabolic health and even result in weight reduction. Research has also proven that individuals who eat nuts are usually healthier, and leaner, than those who don’t.
- Some Whole Grain Products – Despite grains getting a poor rap recently, there are several types which are certainly healthy. Notable good examples include oatmeal, brown grain and quinoa. Oatmeal consist of beta-glucans, soluble fibers which have been proven to improve satisfaction when eating and improve metabolic health. If you are on a really low-carb diet then you’ll wish to avoid grains, since they’re full of carbohydrates. But there’s no problem with eating a few of the healthier grains if you’re able to tolerate them.
- Chilli & Other Peppers – Eating chili and all kinds of peppers might be helpful on a diet. They have a substance known as capsaicin, that has been proven in lowering appetite while increasing fat loss in studies. It is even offered in supplement form and is a very common component in lots of commercial diet supplements. It also speeds up your bodies metabolism.
- Fruit – Most health professionals agree that fruit is good. Numerous research has proven that individuals who consume the most fruit (and veggies) are usually healthier than individuals who don’t. While they contain sugar, they also have a low energy density and take time to munch. Plus, the fibre aids in preventing the sugar from being launched too rapidly into the blood stream.
- Grapefruit – One fruit that should be highlighted is grapefruit, because its effects on weight loss happen to have been analyzed directly. One study of 91 obese people, eating half a grapefruit before foods caused weight reduction of 1.6 kg during a period of 12 days. The grapefruit also helped reductions in blood insulin resistance, a metabolic abnormality that’s implicated in a variety of chronic illnesses. So… eating half a grapefruit about 30 minutes before a number of your everyday foods will let you feel more satiated and eat less overall calories.
- Chia Seed Products – Chia seed products are some of the most healthy meals around. They contain 12 grams of carb per ounce, which is pretty high, but 11 of those individuals grams are fibre. This will make chia seed products a minimal-carb friendly food, and among the best sources of fibre on the planet.
- Coconut Oil – Not all fats are equal. Cocounut oil has elevated levels of fatty chemicals of medium length, known as Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). These are far more satisfying and lower in calories. Some studies have even shown that coconut oil can help to actively reduce stomach fat. Coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil should be the only fats you need for cooking and sauces.
- Full fat natural yoghurt – A great dairy product. Yoghurt consists of probiotic bacteria that may enhance the efficiency and balance of your stomach. Getting a properly balanced stomach can help safeguard against inflammation and leptin resistance, the primary hormonal driver of weight problems. Just make certain to select full-fat yoghurt… this is the good stuff. High in protein and good fats as well as the right sort of bacteria. Low-fat yogurt is generally packed with sugar, so it is advisable to avoid it like the plague.
That’s it. A pretty comprehensive list. Loads of yummy things in there. What is the common thread amongst them all?? They are all pretty much natural products. Avoid processed and packaged foods wherever you can. Eat healthily from the list above, even in fairly large quantities, train 3 to 4 times a week and you WILL lose weight and will look and feel healthier and slimmer.